The Dispatch Clerk is responsible for supporting and assisting the Dispatch Coordinator with scheduling and dispatching of orders to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, via delivery drivers.
- Ensures that all invoices received by the agreed deadline are scheduled for delivery on the following day, except where a specific date is requested by the customer for delivery
- Ensures that all invoices which are printed after the agreed deadline, are scheduled for delivery within 48hrs.
- Ensures that invoices are sorted into areas such as East, West, North, South and Central
- Assists with the preparation of all Van Delivery Sheets by 2:30pm to ensure the timely staging of goods. This deadline is subject to change based on the amount of orders to be delivered.
- Communicate with warehouses at all times to advise of any changes made to loads – such as inclusion of an invoice to a load if dated for delivery within 24hrs.
- Inform and advise delivery drivers in a timely manner when they are scheduled for a delivery on the following day, and whether they are scheduled for any additional loads.
- Ensures via phone calls to delivery drivers, that all deliveries are completed on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all promotional items are delivered along with goods or, alternatively, on Saturdays only.
- Ensures the careful management of large invoices to ensure delivery on correct dates to customers such as Pricesmart and Nanco Trading etc.
- Communicates with Warehouse Managers on a daily basis in the absence of the Dispatch Coordinator.
- Acts as a Dispatch Coordinator when required.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you.
The above duties are given as a general guide and are not meant to be construed as a full and final list of responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- 5 CXC/GCE O’ Level passes inclusive of Mathematics and English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience working within a warehouse environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must possess a procedural mindset and ability to prioritize
- Detail oriented
- Familiar with geographical structure of Trinidad
The Dispatch Clerk will report directly to the Finance Manager. In his/her absence the Dispatch Clerk will report to the Managing Director.